Sunday, August 19, 2007

Organizing for Kids

Through one of the organizer list serves I belong to, I came across this article from the Washington Post regarding teens and clutter. I felt the article was well written and has some great expert quotes, particularly with regard to the excess amount of stuff that most teens have these days.

I love it when I get the chance to work with school age kids from ages 6 or 7 all the way through college. The thing that excites me the most about working with children and young adults is the opportunity to teach organizing skills early on.

Many of the parents that hire me to work with their kids have struggled with organization nearly all of their lives. They invest in a professional organizer for themselves and their children because they fear their children will struggle as they have. What a wonderful and brave step to take!

We all want the best for our kids and if hiring an organizational consultant will make life just a little easier, it is well worth the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment