Monday, March 31, 2008
At the end of this week, the Dexter, Michigan Knights of Columbus will be gathering good used clothing and household items for their annual rummage sale to be held April 10~12. They are not accepting any furniture, computers or exercise equipment. If you live in the area and have such items to donate, the Knights of Columbus will be accepting donations April 3rd through 6th. Check out their website at www.dexterkofc.org for more information.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
I am probably one of those rare folks that actually enjoys winter. But...now that the first day of spring and Easter have passed, not to mention that it is late March, I feel like telling Mother Nature "enough already". Here in Michigan, we still have a few piles of snow on the ground.
However, weather is an unpredictable thing, so I am hoping for winter to pass and preparing for spring. Here are five things to do now to get organized for spring:
- If you have a lawn mower, tune it up now or hire someone to do it for you.
- If you have a lawn service provider, contact them for the upcoming season.
- On those warm days spend 15 minutes or so removing the dried remains from last year's flowers. Warm is relative, so my neighbors have seen me out with my trusty pruners in hand on a few 45 degree F days.
- Spend 5 or 10 minutes to sweep off the salt and other "gunk" that fell of your car in the winter.
- Wash the windows in your home one room at a time.
When the warm weather does come, hopefully you will have accomplished a few jobs that will allow you the time to just sit and soak up the warmth. In the meantime, I will enjoy my garden photos from last summer (the flower above is a peony, one of my favorites).