Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Upstairs/Downstairs Organizing

I grew up in a small ranch style home, but currently live in a two story home with a basement. It seems like sometimes I find myself constantly running up and down the steps to put things in their proper places either upstairs, downstairs or in the basement.

I recently have had to limit my trips up and down the stairs due to temporary health issues, which has turned my poor husband into a bit of a pack horse. The general rule in our house is that you never go up or down empty handed, but I do not want to create unnecessary trips, especially now when I am relying on my spouse's help.

In order not to forget anything, I have a basket where throughout the day I place items needing to go upstairs and make a list of things I want to bring down. This is working so great, I might continue this practice when my stamina is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment