Friday, January 20, 2006

Organizing Products

In my first post for Get Organized Month, I promised to share my thoughts on some popular organizing products.

Those of you that have worked with me professionally or inquired about my services know that I recommend organizing products sparingly and am not currently affiliated with any product line. While there are so many great tools (and pretty things!) out on the market these days, I find that when I work with my clients, roughly 90% of them do not need to buy any physical products to get organized.

While my opinions may not make me popular with the $4.36 billion home storage products industry (Newsweek, June 7, 2004), I firmly believe that getting (and staying) organizing is more than just buying the right products.

That being said, in this post I will recommend one tool that can really help you out in your organizing journey.

If there is one product that I recommend frequently to both residential and commercial clients, it is the shredder. A shredder is a wonderful tool for getting rid of unwanted papers and protecting your privacy. There are shredders on the market at various price points, so that nearly everyone can find one in their price range.

Take some time during Get Organized Month to use your shredder and get rid of unnecessary papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment