Over the last few days I have spent some time spring cleaning in my home. In theory, I am not real crazy about spring cleaning because I believe in doing a little at a time all the time. But there are always those extra things that need to be done around a home that do not easily fit into a normal cleaning routine. For me, spring time (or the hope of spring) puts me in the mood to take care of those extra things.
Picking an area to organize is a great spring cleaning project. It can even help eliminate some of the work in a normal cleaning routine. According to the National Soap and Detergent Association (who knew such an organization existed?) "getting rid of excess clutter would eliminate 40% of the housework in the average home."
Here are some tips for organizing this spring:
- *Pick a defined area such as a cupboard or closet (NOT the whole house!)
- *Set a time on your calendar and use a timer
- *Involve a clutter buddy or professional organizing consultant to keep on task
- *Work uninterrupted by letting calls go to voicemail
- *Reward yourself when the job is done
Keep checking back for more organizing and spring cleaning tips!