Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Crazy Ways to Simplify Your Life (Part 1 of 2)


Carolyn presenting
"Secrets of a Simply Organized LIfe"

How can it be that May is already here?

April was a busy month in my household. We celebrated Easter, a birthday and had three sets of house guests; including a surprise visitor from Germany, who arrived in the night. The whole family was sleeping and I thought someone was trying to break into our home!

During a recent conversation with our latest house guest, this time an Italian, I mentioned that I choose not to utilize text messaging and have requested the feature be disabled by my cell phone provider. I think our visitor was astonished by my stone age views and perhaps many of you reading find it crazy too. 

Now, I am not asking you to stop text messaging, particularly if it serves a purpose in your life. For me, I find texting a distraction and unneeded extra expense; both of my time and my money. It is an easy way for me to simplify my life.

Next week I will include other crazy ways to simplify your life. Give one or two of the ideas a try. You might just find yourself more organized and more happy too!

Carolyn Anderson-Fermann is a public speaker, organizing expert and founder of Simply Organized Life. For more organizing tips and a free gift sign up for Carolyn's monthly e-newsletter, "Your Simply Organized Life". Carolyn will be presenting "Secrets of a Simply Organized Life" at My Urban Toddler in Saline, Michigan on May 18, 2012 (childcare is available, check with My Urban Toddler for details). 

No comments:

Post a Comment