Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

At Simply Organized Life our mission is to provide our clients with more time and space for the things that really matter in life. On this Labor Day weekend, I hope you have been able to spend some time on the the things that really matter to you. I know I have.

In our busy lives these days, it is easy to get wrapped up in the daily to-do lists and forget the big picture goals. We often feel so bogged down by the "stuff" of life instead of the living. As someone who likes to get things done and check off the items on my to-do list (probably more than the next person) I too can get wrapped up in the day to day. But I also know when it is time to turn off the computer and the phone and the Pocket PC and tidy up my desk in preparation of the next day's work.

Being organized has helped me (and my clients) minimize the time spent on the "stuff" of life and maximize the time spent on living. For example, this weekend my husband and I met up with an old friend and her new fiance. The evening was relaxing and enjoyable. I was able to be in the moment because the business stuff was taken care of well-enough for me to pick up later, the laundry was done, the house was clean and most importantly, the dog had been walked. The mundane was taken care of so we could leave the house early in a peaceful state of mind. I wish the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment