Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Pens for African Children


I have never been to Africa, but know friends and family that have. One of the most surprising things they shared from their travels was that the children in Africa will beg tourists to give them pens. A friend that spent some time teaching in Africa explained to me that they just do not have pens. Poverty is severe there.

Upon her return to Michigan from Africa a woman by the name of Jeanne Bolhuis (who I know through her mother) decided to do something about this and founded Pens for African Children. She works with Father Evans Njogu in Kenya to distribute the pens to those children who need them the most.

If you would like to donate your excess pens in working order, please ship them to Father Evans at the address below:
Fr. Evanson Njogu
P.O. Box 15523
20100 NAKURU
KENYA, EAST AFRICA
I have been in contact with Father Evans via e-mail and I know he and the children will be thankful for your generosity. Please let him know I sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment