Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Goal Setting for the New Year

Carolyn presenting to MOMS of Northville, Michigan.

I love the fresh start that a new year offers. Over the last 12 months I have been writing a lot about goal setting, both in general and my own personal journey.

One year ago, I printed out the first page of this goal setting template from the blog Money Saving Mom and created goals for six areas of my life. Accomplishing many of the goals on that sheet has been a great source of happiness.

Speaking of happiness, in 2012 I read and was inspired by both of Gretchen Rubin's books on happiness. In 2013 I am excited to make my own "resolutions chart" breaking down my goals into daily, weekly and monthly tasks. So far, this is proving to be a great tool to move me toward my goals. 

When it comes to New Year's Resolutions, getting organized consistently ranks among the top 10. For the last 9 years, the National Association of ProfessionalOrganizers, which I am a Golden Circle Member, has sponsored Get Organized Month.

If you have resolved to "get organized" in 2013, I would love to have a conversation to discuss what that means to you. Getting and staying organized takes a bit of work, but with proper goal setting is easier than you might think. 

Carolyn Anderson-Fermann is a public speaker, organizing expert and founder of Simply Organized Life. Would you like to learn how to keep your family organized? Carolyn will be presenting "Organize Your Family" through Ann Arbor Rec and Ed on Friday, February 8, 2013. Register with Ann Arbor Rec and Ed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment